Michael B Jordan Visited A Therapist After Role In "Black Panther"

Michael B. Jordan played his role as Erik Killmonger so well in Black Panther that he quickly became a favourite villain and contributed to the Marvel film’s overall success.

Jordan has now revealed that the role had an intense effect on him that he had to visit a therapist. He said this on The Bill Simmons Podcast noting that he assumed it was just as the others he had done.

“I never was in a character for that long of a period of time and was, I guess, that dark, that lonely, that painful. So coming out of it, I thought, ‘Oh yeah, business as usual. I can just go back home, I’ll cut my hair off, and everything will be back to normal.”

BEVERLY HILLS, CA – JANUARY 30: (L-R) Actors Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan, and Chadwick Boseman attend the Marvel Studios' BLACK PANTHER Global Junket Press Conference on January 30, 2018 at Montage Beverly Hills in Beverly Hills, California. Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images for Disney/AFP

While viewers of the film enjoyed his character, he says that the experience was not a nice one for him.

“I found myself kind of in the routine of being isolated and went out of my way to make sure I was by myself and didn’t say too much more than the usual. Once I got finished wrapping the movie, it took me some time to talk through how I was feeling and why I was feeling so sad and like a little bit depressed.”

To get out of this state, he admits to seek professional help. This did not only help him with get back to himself “Not just being in the room, but being present and engaging,” Jordan added. “And just talking things out that I never really kind of talked through.”

“I was just doing what I felt was right. Whatever got me emotionally to the place I needed to be, that’s what I did,” he said.

The post Michael B Jordan Visited A Therapist After Role In "Black Panther" appeared first on The Guardian Nigeria Newspaper – Nigeria and World News.

The post Michael B Jordan Visited A Therapist After Role In "Black Panther" appeared first on Nightwatchng.



from Nightwatchng https://ift.tt/2E2H684
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAY/JUNE 2017 WAEC RESULT IS OUT!

How to get a backlink from Vanguardngr!!

Chicago PD release Jussie Smollett’s Case Files